Panopto is the university's video streaming and lecture capture platform. It accomplishes several core tasks:
- Record your classroom. (Students can watch the recordings for reviewing difficult materials before major assessments.)
- Record mini-lectures or introductions for your course and embed them in D2L.
- Live stream study sessions with students chatting questions to you.
- Have students create their own recordings of themselves, items outside of the classroom, or events and then upload them to your Panopto Dropbox Folder via the D2L integration.
- Stream MP4s that you have access to. (The University Library can assist you in securing copyrights.)
The fastest and easiest way to learn Panopto is to schedule a 1:1 meeting with Jeffrey Jones. He is happy to come to your office or meet you online if you are remote!
MOOC Research EdX. Optimal Video Length. Nov 12, 2013
Are you creating video to share publicly? Then make sure everyone has signed the university's Video Permission Form.