My piece of the puzzle:
- Provide leadership for the University-Wide General Education Committee to develop and implement a General Education Course recertification program, which will include assessment.
- Development of professional development events for faculty and staff such as the APR Assessment Workshops.
- Represent OIA on university wide assessment task forces or committees related to outcomes assessment.
- Participate with the OIA’s assessment team’s rubric-evaluation process and follow-up consultations with academic unit faculty and staff.
- Create resources to build campus capacity for high quality learning outcomes assessment practices (which currently include Assessment Matters and the General Education Newsletters).
Background & Education:
A Chicago native, Elaine received her B.S. and M.S. in Animal Sciences from the University of Illinois, Champagne-Urbana. She came to the University of Arizona and completed her Ph.D. also in Animal Sciences. After teaching for 8 years at Pima Community College, she came back to the U of A as an advisor and instructor. Her general education class, Human and Animal Interrelationships from Domestication to Present, was so popular, it moved into Centennial Hall for 6 years with an average attendance of 800 students per year. She also taught Animal Anatomy and Physiology, Animal Nutrition and Equine Science. An avid Harry Potter fan, Elaine’s office contains quite a collection of paraphernalia and fun stuff!