Instructional Application Support Specialist, Office of Instruction and Assessment, University of Arizona
(For additional information and to apply please refer to https://UACareers.com, job posting A21657)
The Office of Instruction and Assessment (OIA) seeks an Instructional Application Support Specialist to support instructional technology activities at The University of Arizona. This individual will work with OIA and University Information Technology Services (UITS) staff in the support of the University of Arizona’s adopted instructional applications including Panopto Lecture Capture, Adobe Connect, and Turning Technologies Audience Response System.
- Supports UA’s lecture capture system, Panopto
- Supports UA’s online learning and collaboration platform Adobe Connect
- Supports UA’s classroom response system Turningtech.com (clickers).
- Train/support/orient UA faculty and staff on these instructional applications
- Test functions, troubleshoot and develop needed workarounds within the above instructional applications
- Consults with faculty and TAs on appropriate use of these technologies in instruction
- Refers clients to other university resources as appropriate
- Assists in the development of the above instructional applications help pages and related resources
- Attends staff meetings, contributes to planning and reporting efforts, and responds to administrative requests and procedures.
- Provides input in the process of implementation and support of tools, documentation, and materials that promote and support online learning.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks in a professional and timely manner
- Ability to interact with faculty in a 1-on-1 setting
- Ability to present in front of groups of faculty
- Writing software documentation
- Ability to adapt to the changing and evolving instructional application environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience supporting lecture capture, video streaming, web conferencing and classroom response system applications
- Experience providing support in higher education
- Excellent customer / client relations
- Knowledge of basic instructional design principles and constructs
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as Desire to Learn’s Brightspace (D2L), Canvas, and Blackboard.