As part of OIA’s mission to provide professional development opportunities to our campus, we offer a wide variety of workshops, seminars and facilitated online mini-courses to individuals who teach for the UA.
Current Schedule of Workshops & Classes
· Spring 2017 Workshops will be posted soon
|Date||Fully Online Mini-Courses|
|January 2-6, 2017||
Course-Level Assessment Description
Effective Online Discussions Description
Teaching a Large Online Course Description
|February 20-24, 2017||Creating Communities in Online Courses Description|
|March 13-24, 2017||Introduction to Teaching Online Description|
|April 10-24, 2017||Course Development Description Register|
|May 8-11, 2017||VoiceThread Description Register|
|May 12-26, 2017|
|July 10-14, 2017||Building Communities in Online Courses Description Register|
|July 17-31, 2017 (or July 24-August 6, 2017)||Course Development Description Register|
|July 31-August 14, 2017||Introduction to Teaching Online Description Register|
|August 14-18, 2017||Course-Level Assessment Description Register
Effective Online Discussions Description Register
Teaching a Large Online Course Description Register
September 11-15, 2017
|September 25-29, 2017||Building Communities in Online Courses Description Register|
|October 6-20, 2017||Introduction to Teaching Online Description Register|
Self Paced Tutorials
The OIA offers several online, self paced tutorials that are available through D2L. A list of available tutorials and descriptions, along with enrollment instructions, are available at this Tutorials page.
Catalog of Workshops
OIA workshops can be found in the campus system UAccess Learning. This system can be accessed by logging in with Netid and password. If you are off campus, you will need to first log in to the VPN. After logging in, select Find Learning and use the search term Teaching to locate OIA offerings in the catalog.
Provided here is a list of workshops that OIA has facilitated in the past. This list provides examples of the range of workshops we offer, but is by no means an exhaustive list. To request that OIA offer one of these workshops again, or to request a workshop on a topic not listed here use the Contact form.
- Classroom Assessment Techniques
- Creating Effective Multiple Choice Questions
- How Can I Grade Assignments and Give Useful Feedback?
- How Can I Use Rubrics Effectively?
- Building Program Assessment Plans
- How Can I get My Class off to a Good Start?
- Cooperative Learning
- Discussions in Large Classroom Settings
- Classroom Management Strategies for Large Classrooms
- Inclusive Classrooms
- Feedback to Students on Writing Assignments
- Incorporating Informal Writing Opportunities
- Providing Constructive Feedback on Student Writing
- D2L: What’s New
- D2L Integrations: Additional Items for the Tool Kits
- D2L Tools and Functions
- The Library Tab in D2L
- How Can I Build a Useful Syllabus in D2L?
- What Do TAs Need to Know About D2L?
- How Can I Use D2L to Manage Large Classes?
- Clickers: Real Time Interactive Classroom Feedback
- Adobe Connect
- Effective Use of Multimedia Instruction
- Emerging Technologies
- Tweetchat: What is it and How to Use it For Teaching
- Learner Centered Education and Online Classes
- Teaching Online vs Face-to-Face