- About Us
- Get Ideas
Teaching Assistant Training ONLINE (TATO)
Fri, 2010-03-19 14:09 — maritzaq
Sponsored and coordinated by the UA Graduate College, Teaching Assistant Training Online (TATO) is a collection of self-paced modules about teaching and learning. These modules are made available to TAs via D2L, the centrally supported course management system at the UofA. TATO modules and associated resources can be accessed at any time via d2l.arizona.edu. See How to self-register for a TATO module
Online Module Topics include
- How to Create & Use Grading Rubrics
- How to Lead Discussions
- How to Write Learning Objectives
- How to Assess Student Writing
- Available online at any time
- Self-instructional, performance tests
- Individual progress and performance is tracked
- Resource lists associated with each module
- Graduate students who have been hired or expect to be hired to teach can prepare for and review key aspects of teaching.
- Instructional support staff or preceptors learn more about teaching when needed and at their convenience.
- Go to http://d2l.arizona.edu
- Click on the button labeled UA NetID Login in the upper left side of the screen
- Enter your NetID and password
- Click on Self Registration in the blue navigation bar near the upper left corner
- Click on the hyperlinked course offering name of interest to you
- Click on the button labeled Register; Click on Submit; Click on Finish
- When you are done, click on My Home. In the center of the page, find the Student tab and follow the links to a TATO module.
Contact for more information: UA Graduate College