Panopto is the university's video streaming and lecture capture platform. It accomplishes several core tasks:
- Record your classroom. (Students can watch the recordings for reviewing difficult materials before major assessments.)
- Record mini-lectures or introductions for your course and embed them in D2L.
- Live stream study sessions with students chatting questions to you.
- Have students create their own recordings of themselves, items outside of the classroom, or events and then upload them to your Panopto Dropbox Folder via the D2L integration.
- Stream MP4s that you have access to. (The University Library can assist you in securing copyrights.)
MOOC Research EdX. Optimal Video Length. Nov 12, 2013