Zoom is the University of Arizona's online synchronous meeting tool of choice and is free to use for any university business. It has the ability to use video cameras, microphones, screen sharing, and so much more. Adobe Connect's contract ended on June 30, 2018 and it will not be renewed. You have until June 30, 2019 to download any recordings you want to keep in Adobe Connect.
Create a Zoom Meeting
- Inside D2L, Go to UA Tools on your Course Homepage and look for the Zoom link!
- You can go to http://arizona.zoom.us and log in with your NetID.
- If you are a member of the Arizona Health Sciences Center you can go to http://uahs.zoom.us and log in with your NetID.
- If you are planning on using a physical room that is set up with special hardware in your college of department for a Zoom Meeting then please check with your local IT staff to see if they have a custom workflow that they prefer you use to maximise the hardware in these special rooms.
- If you have created a free Zoom account in the past using your University of Arizona email you will need to visit https://arizona.zoom.us, click Sign In, and log in using your NetID and password. You will be asked if you want to move your current account into the UA Zoom account. Agree to the account move prior to your first use of Zoom for classes or you may not be able to use the tool correctly.
- If you have logged in through http://arizona.zoom.us or http://uahs.zoom.us, you can download and install an Outlook or Google Calendar Integration that allows you to create meetings from your calendaring solution.
The fastest way to learn Zoom is with a 1:1 meeting with Joshua Butcher firstname.lastname@example.org or a member of the Academic Technologies team email@example.com in UITS. Some colleges and departments also offer support for Zoom.