On Saturday, June 10, Panopto Cloud customers will be upgraded to Panopto 5.4. This upgrade will require downtime:
- EU cloud customer sites will be offline from 9:00pm to 12:00am GMT.
- NA cloud customer sites will be offline from 7:00pm to 11:00pm EDT.
Today we're excited to introduce a new release of Panopto. Version 5.4 of our video platform introduces new live streaming capabilities, an integration with YouTube, a better out of box experience, and more. Here's an overview of the headline features:
- HTML5 Live Streaming — The next time you broadcast an event, your viewers can watch it in any modern web browser without the need for browser add-ons like Flash. In Panopto 5.4, webcasts are streamed using standards-compliant HTML5 video.
- Live Stream from RTMP Encoders — If you already own RTMP-based encoding software or appliances, you will soon be able to connect them to Panopto in order to easily broadcast your events at scale. This feature will initially launch as a private beta. To request access to the private beta, click here.
- YouTube Video Integration — From within the video editor, you can now embed YouTube videos directly into your Panopto recordings.
- New User Guided Tour — When Creators sign in to Panopto for the first time, they'll be given a visual tour of the most frequently used features.
- Improved Remote Recorder Monitoring — With an expanded set of admin notifications, you'll always know exactly what’s happening with your remote recording infrastructure.
For more details about what's new in Panopto 5.4, check out our release notes.
As part of today's announcement, we've upgraded all staging servers to Panopto 5.4. For customers on the US cloud, your staging site is [yoursitename].staging.panopto.com. For customers on the EU cloud, your staging site is [yoursitename]-eu.staging.panopto.com. Additional staging site information can be found on Panopto Support.
- Today: Staging servers are available for Panopto Cloud customers. From your staging server, you and your team can familiarize yourself with new Panopto functionality, and provide us with any feedback you have.
- Saturday, June 10: Panopto Cloud customers will be upgraded to the final build of Panopto 5.4. This release will require downtime. For customers on the EU cloud, sites will be offline from 8:00pm to 11:00pm GMT. For customers on the NA cloud, sites will be offline from 8:00pm to 12:00am EDT.
- Late June, 2017: On-premises customers will have access to the final build of Panopto 5.4.
As we put the finishing touches on version 5.4, we're already working on the next release of Panopto. That release is scheduled for later this summer. Stay tuned for more information on what's coming, and for webinars that will provide an overview of all the updates coming in the next few months.
For any questions about Panopto 5.4, please contact Panopto Support online at support.panopto.com, or via phone at 855-PANOPTO (855-726-6786), option 1 (North American customers) and +44 203 137 7056 (EMEA customers). You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.